Tilly's is hiring!
Have you ever wanted to walk into a grocery store and see a product on the shelf that you had a hand in making? It's a great feeling to be proud of the work you do!
We are looking to fill a permanent part-time position for a Food Packaging Worker at our small family-run business in Campbell River. For 27 years we have been packaging dehydrated soups, rice mixes, spices, etc and distributing to grocers across Canada. Business is growing... come join us! Learn more about us and our products at www.tillysgalley.caThe position requires:
- A great attitude: eager to learn, be helpful and work extra hours as needed
- Attention to detail
- Agile hands to use small spoons, open/close small bags, etc
- Hand-eye coordination for accuracy in scooping and weighing ingredients
- Physical stamina with ability to lift and carry up to 10kg and occasionally lift up to 25kg
- Excellent English communication, listening, reading, and writing skills
- Willingness and aptitude to learn quickly
- Reliability and desire for long-term employment is critical; we're looking for someone who will grow with us
- Cleanliness in personal grooming and habits
- Self-motivated efficiency
- Ability to continue to work efficiently while unsupervised
- Food Safe Certificate required (or willing to obtain) and HACCP knowledge would be a great asset
- Packaging spices and dehydrated vegetables into bags using a variety of methods, in a combination of sitting and standing tasks
- Uphold high standard of quality and precision to carry out daily tasks
- Cleaning, Filling, Measuring, Record keeping and Moving inventory
- Performing additional tasks as required
We are offering long term-employment, a fast paced but fun and positive environment, and the opportunity to grow for the right candidate. This position will start at a minimum of 20 hours per week, four days per week from 12-5:30pm with an occasional Saturday shift and/or evening added if needed. Initial training will require flexibility in schedule timing and will require evening and weekend shifts.
Please email resume with a cover letter outlining why you are interested in joining Tilly's
. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.